D - DIDE - ask for feature

reply Felix <Felix_member pathlink.com> writes:
Could a particular form of comment to be standardized (i.e. like
//#foldingregion regionname and, of course, //#endfoldingregion regionname) that
will be recognized by DIDE/others IDE as a folding mark (to fold some particular
code zones)?
Notice is not part of language but of IDE settings...
Simpler syntax is desirable, I think.

More, is there any possib to fold the code in other manner: either by keeping
both { and } or by keeping none? I know DIDE is Scintilla-based so I think it is
a Scintilla matter, but it would be possible?

Ex:

void fcn1
{
//etc 1
//etc 2
}

to be folded in:

void fcn1
{
//folding mark
}

or

void fcn1 //folding mark

These will avoid human interpretation errors, even if indentation works fine.

Ah, another thing: about colors: could we have an option to color up the
pointers by one color, the classes and structs by other (or variables), type by
other one etc. I don't know if it is feasible or useful, I just launch the idea.

Felix
Jan 14 2004
parent reply "C" <dont respond.com> writes:
 Could a particular form of comment to be standardized > [for folding ]

Yes I like this idea Ill add it to the list.
 More, is there any possib to fold the code in other
 manner: either by keeping
 both { and } or by keeping none?

I dont think so , not without modifications to Scintilla.

It'd require modifiucation of Scintilla ( I think , Ill double check ). It has some options for adding keywords of type 3 but I couldn't get it work , ill check. Also in the future could you send FR's , comments to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dide/ . Preciate it , C "Felix" <Felix_member pathlink.com> wrote in message news:bu43vs$1tis$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

parent reply "Nam" <dreamweaver mail15.com> writes:
Could I make a plugin for DIDE ? If yes , how can I do it ??
And when will I get code-complete for D ?
"C" <dont respond.com> wrote in message
news:bu44ls$1umj$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

 idea.
 Felix

Jan 14 2004
parent reply J Anderson <REMOVEanderson badmama.com.au> writes:
Nam wrote:

Could I make a plugin for DIDE ? If yes , how can I do it ??
And when will I get code-complete for D ?

Settings->Abbreviations) Tagging. Ctrl+Space will try to compile the word. Abbreviations. If you type for<space> (where space is literal) it'll write for ( ; ; ; ) { } (I've reason to believe (and hope) that the above may be made easier in future versions). Charles has said that he's working on better tagging for the next version. DIDE does not have plugins but it has been discussed a little. Any ideas how a DIDE plugin would look? Also there's a DIDE egroup for suggestions http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dide/. Anderson
Jan 14 2004
parent reply Lewis <dethbomb hotmail.com> writes:
J Anderson wrote:

 Nam wrote:

 Could I make a plugin for DIDE ? If yes , how can I do it ??
 And when will I get code-complete for D ?

Tagging. Ctrl+Space will try to compile the word. Abbreviations. If you type for<space> (where space is literal) it'll write for ( ; ; ; ) { } (I've reason to believe (and hope) that the above may be made easier in future versions). Charles has said that he's working on better tagging for the next version. DIDE does not have plugins but it has been discussed a little. Any ideas how a DIDE plugin would look? Also there's a DIDE egroup for suggestions http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dide/. Anderson

I am a big proponent of com/activex, its the best and most widely used plugin system available, and allows plugins in many languages to be written (i.e delphi, basic, c++) Inventing new app specific plugin architectures seems always a brittle solution to me... my $.02, Lewis
Jan 15 2004
parent reply "Matthew" <matthew.hat stlsoft.dot.org> writes:
"Lewis" <dethbomb hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:bu65v7$25ap$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 J Anderson wrote:

 Nam wrote:

[...]

 a brittle solution to me...
 my $.02,

Since D supports COM almost as a part of the language (at least on Win32), it'd be silly to invent another architecture.
Jan 17 2004
parent "C" <dont respond.com> writes:
The only experience I have with extending an IDE is through scripting , Im
really not sure what you mean by extending by writing modules ( Ill look
over MSVC's architecture see how they do it ).

What do you think would be a good architechture ?  I'd love to hear some
suggestions / links to other good architectures / notes on implementation if
you have time.

Thanks,

news:buas7v$10m8$1 digitaldaemon.com...