D - Contributing code

reply "Vathix" <vathix dprogramming.com> writes:
I've been coding primarily in D for months and made a few modules along the
way as I needed them in my projects. I put those modules on
www.dprogramming.com for others to use freely, and told some of you about
them as they appeared. None of it makes its way into D, so I was wondering
what I could code that is in demand? I want to make sure that I'm not
working on the same thing as others. I'm good at the Windows API and enjoy
string parsing.
Jan 12 2004
next sibling parent "C" <dont respond.com> writes:
Don't know if Im qualified for whats in demand , but a DGREP tool , that
allowed easier syntax on the command line would be superb.  If you could
extend it to passing it a buffer and returning matches that would be
wonderful to.

"Vathix" <vathix dprogramming.com> wrote in message
news:btu2bq$ven$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]
I've been thinking of doing a base64 module, but you've already done it! You put a line in it saying it is 'free', but I need more than that. It either needs to be explicitly donated to the public domain, or you need to explicitly copyright it and spell out what the license is. Thanks!
Jan 18 2004
parent reply Vathix <vathix dprogramming.com> writes:
Walter wrote:
[...]

Thanks; I've updated all the source files to include the zlib/libpng license. That String class I made awhile back is yours if you want it. I don't know how to license it or whatever since it was from your code. I'll update the it if you still want it, just let me know what you want added/changed!
Jan 19 2004
next sibling parent Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
 Thanks; I've updated all the source files to include the zlib/libpng
 license.
 That String class I made awhile back is yours if you want it. I don't
 know how to license it or whatever since it was from your code. I'll
 update the it if you still want it, just let me know what you want
 added/changed!
But the String class isn't there is it? I still want to incorporate it on my projects to replace all the char[]. Ant
Thanks!
Jan 20 2004