D - date2str

reply "Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
I asked for it a couple of weeks ago, and so I decided I could do it for
myself, and here it is: free for anyone to use, Walter can put it in phobos
if he feels it's good enough, a set of functions to convert a d_time to a
char []. Recognized tokens are available in the source code. This is the
very first time I write some kind of parser or whatever, so it may not be
optimal or fast or up to what every one is used to, but it works.
It works ok in Windows (with some timezones, as I reported before) and
apparently the date functions are not ok in Linux, so it's not good all the
time.
Anyway, if you need it, feel free to use it.

-----------------------
Carlos Santander Bernal
Jan 03 2004
next sibling parent reply "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> writes:
How does it differ from std.date.toDateString()?

"Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> wrote in message
news:bt81jd$2j3v$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I asked for it a couple of weeks ago, and so I decided I could do it for
 myself, and here it is: free for anyone to use, Walter can put it in

 if he feels it's good enough, a set of functions to convert a d_time to a
 char []. Recognized tokens are available in the source code. This is the
 very first time I write some kind of parser or whatever, so it may not be
 optimal or fast or up to what every one is used to, but it works.
 It works ok in Windows (with some timezones, as I reported before) and
 apparently the date functions are not ok in Linux, so it's not good all

 time.
 Anyway, if you need it, feel free to use it.

 -----------------------
 Carlos Santander Bernal

Jan 04 2004
parent reply "Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
news:bt8jpq$cem$1 digitaldaemon.com...
| How does it differ from std.date.toDateString()?

That you can specify exactly the format of your time or date, just like you
would in Excel, VB, Oracle, MS-SQL, etc.

-----------------------
Carlos Santander Bernal
Jan 04 2004
"Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> wrote in message
news:bt9vno$2c5k$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 news:bt8jpq$cem$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 | How does it differ from std.date.toDateString()?

 That you can specify exactly the format of your time or date, just like

 would in Excel, VB, Oracle, MS-SQL, etc.

Ok!
Jan 04 2004
prev sibling parent "Carlos Santander B." <carlos8294 msn.com> writes:
Sorry, I found a couple of bugs with "month", "W" and "WW". Fixed now.

Carlos Santander Bernal
Jan 04 2004