www.digitalmars.com         C & C++   DMDScript  

D - [bug] Using a single-character string in std.string.rfind

Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I found a problem in std.string.rfind when a single-character string is 
used, an "Error: ArrayBoundsError string(413)" is produced.  I know if I 
used a character literal the problem goes away, but I still think this 
is a hole that should be plugged.

I came up with a two-line fix for rfind(char[], char[]) in string.d that 
might be a good way to fix it:

	if (sub.length == 1)
		return rfind(s, sub[0]);


I'm sure there's another way to fix it, but this is the first one I found.

The file rfind_char.d shows the Phobos problem, and when it's compiled 
with "-version=fix", my fix is shown.

-- 
Justin
http://jcc_7.tripod.com/d/
Dec 21 2003