D - program Error

reply Lewis Miller <Lewis_member pathlink.com> writes:
Ok im quite new to c/d/c++ type programming but im wanting to begin learning D
as my second language. And how, i downloaded the DIDE and started up a simple
hello world program. the following is the source code:

import std.c.stdio;

int main( char [] [] args ) {

printf("Hello lewis !");
return 1;
}

when i compile and run this i get the following error as shown in this
screenshot
http://deth.thesolarapex.com/error.gif

im on windows XP, with a p3 450 using 512 mb pc1000 ram

could someone explain what this error means?
Thanks
Lewis
Dec 09 2003
next sibling parent "Andrew Edwards" <edwardsac spamfreeusa.com> writes:
Don't know why, the code is perfectly valid and compiles and executes
without any problems (WinXPPro). The problem apparently exists in your DIDE
configuration rather than the program.

Cheers,
Andrew

"Lewis Miller" <Lewis_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:br5hq6$v67$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

Interestingly, your gif says something about the 16 bit MS-DOS subsystem. Since D only generates 32 bit windows code, something is very strange about the executable you built. (The source code is fine and should work fine.)
Dec 10 2003