D - Another Idea to Ponder: 2nd time blocks in loops

reply Russ Lewis <spamhole-2001-07-16 deming-os.org> writes:
Here's another ponder from the random files of Russ:

consider this code:

ReadInput();
while(!InputIsValid())
{
    PrintError();
    ReadInput();
};

This is fairly common code in a lot of my programs.  Ofc, instead of
ReadInput(), I find that I have a line or three of code.  It would be
advantageous to be able to avoid the duplication of the ReadInput()
call.  Sometimes I do this by turning it into a false infinite loop:

while(1)
{
    ReadInput();
    if(InputIsValid())
      break;
    else
       PrintError();
};

But that's hard to read.  It would be nice to be able to add a block of
loop-only code.  I don't have a good syntax, here's just a ponder:

do
{
    ReadInput();
} while(!InputIsValid())
loop
{
    PrintError();
};

Thoughts?

--
The Villagers are Online! villagersonline.com

.[ (the fox.(quick,brown)) jumped.over(the dog.lazy) ]
.[ (a version.of(English).(precise.more)) is(possible) ]
?[ you want.to(help(develop(it))) ]
Nov 19 2001