D - windows and linux user count

reply Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
Walter said:

 It's a surprising amount of extra work to keep the linux version in sync
with the win32 version. thank you for the linux version. Do you know how many users there are for windows and linux? or at least how many downloads for each version of each release? Ant
Dec 07 2003
"Ant" <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> wrote in message
news:pan.2003.12.08.00.37.43.207916 yahoo.ca...
 It's a surprising amount of extra work to keep the linux version in sync
with the win32 version. thank you for the linux version. Do you know how many users there are for windows and linux? or at least how many downloads for each version of each release?
Since it's all in one download, I have no idea of the split.
Dec 07 2003
parent reply Georg Wrede <Georg_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <br16f8$937$2 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
"Ant" <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> wrote in message
 Do you know how many users there are for windows and linux?
Since it's all in one download, I have no idea of the split.
How about doing a grep|wc on the server logs for the download page?
Dec 07 2003
"Georg Wrede" <Georg_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:br1ar6$fnt$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 In article <br16f8$937$2 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
"Ant" <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> wrote in message
 Do you know how many users there are for windows and linux?
Since it's all in one download, I have no idea of the split.
How about doing a grep|wc on the server logs for the download page?
We had 2169 downloads of dmd.zip for November, which is a pretty strong showing. The number increases month by month. Once D is ready, I'll put it on download.com, where it'll get considerably wider exposure.
Dec 09 2003
parent Georg Wrede <Georg_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <br4071$1gft$2 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
"Georg Wrede" <Georg_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:br1ar6$fnt$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 In article <br16f8$937$2 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
"Ant" <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> wrote in message
 Do you know how many users there are for windows and linux?
Since it's all in one download, I have no idea of the split.
 How about doing a grep|wc on the server logs for the download
 page?
We had 2169 downloads of dmd.zip for November, which is a pretty strong showing. The number increases month by month. Once D is ready, I'll put it on download.com, where it'll get considerably wider exposure.
What I meant was, if your servers log the client's operating system, then you can grep for Linux and Windows, and compare the numbers.
Dec 10 2003