D - Benji, where forth art though? (D repository site)

reply Ant <Ant_member pathlink.com> writes:
Benji,

Are you OK?
Any complications from your mishaps?

How is the D repository site comming?
Any change of plans?

I hope every thing is ok with you.

Ant
PS
Charles, I thought this required a better post subject.
Nov 25 2003
parent reply Ant <duitoolkit yahoo.ca> writes:
Seems that we lost Benji. It's a pitty.

Moving on. Where do you think I should park
my D applications?
Every thing is open source so
the obvious choice is sourceforge.
http://sourceforge.net/
sourceforge might get more visibility to D.
(That's one of the objectives I have. I like
D but don't want to be the only one to use it)

If nothing better comes up I'll apply to sourceforge.
Any ideas?

BTW my D projects are:
DUI   http://ca.geocities.com/duitoolkit/index.html/
leds  http://ca.geocities.com/leds_editor/index.html/
dpq   http://ca.geocities.com/dpqdb/index.html/
dAntE http://ca.geocities.com/dante_ide/index.html/

Ant
Dec 02 2003
parent reply brad beveridge <brad nospam.com> writes:
I've used SF before & had no real problems.  You'll probably pick up a
couple of contributors if you park there.

Brad

Ant wrote:

 Seems that we lost Benji. It's a pitty.

 Moving on. Where do you think I should park
 my D applications?
 Every thing is open source so
 the obvious choice is sourceforge.
 http://sourceforge.net/
 sourceforge might get more visibility to D.
 (That's one of the objectives I have. I like
 D but don't want to be the only one to use it)

 If nothing better comes up I'll apply to sourceforge.
 Any ideas?

 BTW my D projects are:
 DUI   http://ca.geocities.com/duitoolkit/index.html/
 leds  http://ca.geocities.com/leds_editor/index.html/
 dpq   http://ca.geocities.com/dpqdb/index.html/
 dAntE http://ca.geocities.com/dante_ide/index.html/

 Ant

Dec 02 2003
parent reply "Charles Sanders" <sanders-consulting comcast.net> writes:
Their projects used to come with php and mysql, why not start a repository
on SF ;) ?

news:bqjuck$1e1d$1 digitaldaemon.com...

 Ant wrote:

 Seems that we lost Benji. It's a pitty.

 Moving on. Where do you think I should park
 my D applications?
 Every thing is open source so
 the obvious choice is sourceforge.
 http://sourceforge.net/
 sourceforge might get more visibility to D.
 (That's one of the objectives I have. I like
 D but don't want to be the only one to use it)

 If nothing better comes up I'll apply to sourceforge.
 Any ideas?

 BTW my D projects are:
 DUI   http://ca.geocities.com/duitoolkit/index.html/
 leds  http://ca.geocities.com/leds_editor/index.html/
 dpq   http://ca.geocities.com/dpqdb/index.html/
 dAntE http://ca.geocities.com/dante_ide/index.html/

 Ant
Dec 03 2003
parent Andy Friesen <andy ikagames.com> writes:
Charles Sanders wrote:

 Their projects used to come with php and mysql, why not start a repository
 on SF ;) ?

Just be careful of how sf.net forces you to handle certain things. For instance, TWiki saves all its contents in its own little file system. Trouble is, these files need to be writable by the webserver, which (sadly) means they have to be writable by *everyone*. Twice now, some idiot with a sf.net account has gone around the server deleting such files. sf.net is a good place to put software, but a bad place to start trusting humanity. -- andy
Dec 02 2003