D - A bug in the Comparison of dynamic structure arrays

reply "Matthew B." <mattcbro earthlink.net> writes:
Unless I'm missing some nuance of the syntax, it seems that the linker fails
when one tries to compare arrays of structures.
Here is the code fragment that will generate the linker error

struct sowhat {
 uint failure ;
}

int main(char[][] args) {
 sowhat[] s1, s2 ;

int k ;
s1.length = 3 ;
s2.length = 3 ;
for (k = 0 ; k < s1.length ; k++) {
 s1[k].failure = 1 ;
 s2[k].failure = 1 ;
}

// If we loop through each element of the array and check we are OK
for (k = 0 ; k < s1.length ; k++) assert(s1[k] == s2[k]) ;
// A direct comparison like below doesn't work
   assert(s1 == s2) ;

return(0) ;

}
Oct 19 2003
next sibling parent Marcel Strik <mars_888 hotmail.com> writes:
I might be wrong, but I think this is the right behaviour.
I think assert(s1 == s2); will compare the addresses of s1 and s2 which
will be different. assert(s1[] == s2[]); might work, but I'm not sure.

"Matthew B." <mattcbro earthlink.net> wrote in
news:bmv3lg$2r0q$1 digitaldaemon.com:

[...]

Oct 21 2003
"Matthew B." <mattcbro earthlink.net> wrote in message
news:bmv3lg$2r0q$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Unless I'm missing some nuance of the syntax, it seems that the linker
fails
 when one tries to compare arrays of structures.
 Here is the code fragment that will generate the linker error

 struct sowhat {
  uint failure ;
 }
To make it work, there needs to be a Typeinfo created for sowhat. Right now, it would need to be done manually.
Jan 26 2004