D - recls for D, beta 2

reply "Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> writes:
With the test programs suitably, ahem, _modified_.

You still need to use the DMD linker to build it.

<plug>
FYI, if you are unsure about your path settings, there are a couple of tools
on my company's site that can help.

1. NVX (eNVironment eXpander) breaks apart your environment, making it easy
to see what you're after, e.g .

H:\> nvx -l -p SYNSOFT_ROOT

PATH:
P:\Programs\dmd\bin
P:\Programs\dm\dm836\dm\Bin
... etc ...
F:\WINXP\system32
F:\WINXP

... etc ...
P:\SDKs\Microsoft SDK\Bin
P:\SDKs\Microsoft SDK\Bin\WinNT
c:\bin

... etc ...

LIB:
P:\Programs\dmd\lib
P:\Programs\dm\dm836\dm\Lib

... etc ...
P:\SDKs\Microsoft SDK\Lib\.

... etc ...
SYNSOFT_ROOT:
H:\SynSoft

2. WHEREIS can search for files in your path, in a given drive, in places
denoted by the environment, etc. etc., e.g

H:\>whereis -p li*.exe;ma*.exe
10/12/02  13:58  -----A--     114716    P:\Programs\dm\dm836\dm\Bin\lib.exe
01/15/02   0:59  -----A--      36380
P:\Programs\dm\dm836\dm\Bin\libunres.exe
03/19/01   0:02  -----A--     389632    P:\Programs\dm\dm836\dm\Bin\link.exe
07/02/03  23:26  -----A--      49692    P:\Programs\dm\dm836\dm\Bin\make.exe
... etc ...
08/15/02  13:39  -----A--    6531800    P:\SDKs\Microsoft SDK\Bin\Liset.Exe
08/25/02  18:29  -----A--      15872    P:\SDKs\Microsoft
SDK\Bin\MakeCat.Exe
08/25/02  18:28  -----A--      40448    P:\SDKs\Microsoft
SDK\Bin\makecert.exe
08/25/02  18:29  -----A--      10752    P:\SDKs\Microsoft
SDK\Bin\MakeCtl.Exe
08/15/02  13:39  -----A--      39184    P:\SDKs\Microsoft SDK\Bin\MapSym.Exe
01/31/00   5:00  R----A--     114688    c:\bin\make.exe

H:\>whereis -l ph*.lib;sn*.lib
09/19/03   0:19  -----A--     250880    P:\Programs\dmd\lib\phobos.lib
09/06/03   1:50  -----A--     538112    P:\Programs\dm\dm836\dm\Lib\snn.lib
08/15/02  14:37  -----A--      10194    P:\SDKs\Microsoft
SDK\Lib\SnmpAPI.Lib

</plug>

Matthew
Oct 13 2003
parent reply "Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> writes:
Doh!

 <plug>
 FYI, if you are unsure about your path settings, there are a couple of

 on my company's site that can help.

http://synesis.com.au/r_systools.html
 </plug>

Oct 13 2003
parent reply Paul Frazee <Paul_member pathlink.com> writes:
Ok, I got it working. I had to write batch files to replace the makefiles (since
they were rejected by the dmd shell), and once I started using the DMD tools
only, it worked. (Took me so long because I am pretty busy these days).

If you want the batch files, I can give them to you, but they are pretty simple
- just make a simplified makefile ;D

In article <bmfe0l$ddj$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Matthew Wilson says...
Doh!

 <plug>
 FYI, if you are unsure about your path settings, there are a couple of

 on my company's site that can help.

http://synesis.com.au/r_systools.html
 </plug>

Code hard, die young.
Oct 14 2003
parent reply "Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> writes:
"Paul Frazee" <Paul_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bmias8$1a7s$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Ok, I got it working. I had to write batch files to replace the makefiles

 they were rejected by the dmd shell), and once I started using the DMD

 only, it worked. (Took me so long because I am pretty busy these days).

;) Glad to hear you've got it working. Is it proving useful?
 If you want the batch files, I can give them to you, but they are pretty

 - just make a simplified makefile ;D

Sure, post em up here in case someone else has a similarly configured system to yourself.
 In article <bmfe0l$ddj$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Matthew Wilson says...
Doh!

 <plug>
 FYI, if you are unsure about your path settings, there are a couple of

 on my company's site that can help.

http://synesis.com.au/r_systools.html
 </plug>

Code hard, die young.

Oct 14 2003
parent Paul Frazee <Paul_member pathlink.com> writes:
Ok, here are the batch files. You are probably going to have to change your
paths, but that should be simple.

Mappings:
http://members.cox.net/frazee/build_release.bat
http://members.cox.net/frazee/build_debug.bat
Tests:
http://members.cox.net/frazee/build_test_1.bat
http://members.cox.net/frazee/build_test_2.bat

Enjoy.

In article <bmibpe$1bak$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Matthew Wilson says...
[...]

Oct 15 2003