D - recls for D, beta1

reply "Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> writes:
For those of you that have asked for it, here is the recls D mapping, and a
couple of test programs: one uses the D-ified API, the other uses the Search
class, and freaches its contents

Let me know if you have issues

--
Matthew Wilson

STLSoft moderator and C++ monomaniac       (http://www.stlsoft.org)
Contributing editor, C/C++ Users Journal
(www.synesis.com.au/articles.html#columns)

"I can't sleep nights till I found out who hurled what ball through what
apparatus" -- Dr Niles Crane

---
Oct 11 2003
parent reply "Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> writes:
I guess I should have explained a little more. The zip contains the
following:

lib\recls_lib_dm834.lib - the C API, already compiled with DMC++
mappings\D\recls.d      - the recls D mapping. You will need to compile this
mappings\D\makefile    - a makefile to compile the recls D mapping. Creates
lib\recls.D.lib and lib\recls.D.debug.lib
test\D\recls_test_1.d    - a test program that uses the D-ified API
test\D\recls_test_2.d    - a test program that uses the Search class
test\D\makefile             - a makefile that builds the two test programs

If you have any problems, just post here and I'll try and fix. (If I don't
respond soon enough, email me to remind me)

Matthew

"Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> wrote in message
news:bmak1l$39h$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 For those of you that have asked for it, here is the recls D mapping, and

 couple of test programs: one uses the D-ified API, the other uses the

 class, and freaches its contents

 Let me know if you have issues

 --
 Matthew Wilson

 STLSoft moderator and C++ monomaniac       (http://www.stlsoft.org)
 Contributing editor, C/C++ Users Journal
 (www.synesis.com.au/articles.html#columns)

 "I can't sleep nights till I found out who hurled what ball through what
 apparatus" -- Dr Niles Crane

 ---

Oct 12 2003
parent reply Paul Frazee <Paul_member pathlink.com> writes:
Still having a little trouble getting recls compiling on windows (XP, home). The
DMD shell will not run the makefiles out of the box - it seems to have a problem
with underscores and dashes in the name (BLAH_BLAH not found). Then when it gets
to the suffix rules, it says the same, and I do not know how to fix that (.d.obj
not found). Finding little luck there, I resorted to writing batch files to
compile it.

I actually got the mappings compiling (seeing as this is my first time to do
this sort of thing, that is pretty amazing). However, there is something wrong
with the outputted recls.D.lib - the linker says it isnt a valid library. I
figured that maybe it needed definitions (.def) or something, so I tried to
write my own .def file. Having no experiance in this, I obviously did it wrong,
because all of the functions I had in there could not be found. Hrm. I also
tried just adding /DEF to lib.exe options in hopes that it would generate it on
its own? Just guessing...

Anyway, what am I doing wrong?

In article <bmcste$18b$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Matthew Wilson says...
[...]

Oct 13 2003
parent reply "Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> writes:
Hi Paul

I have no idea what you're doing wrong. Are you using the latest DMD?

There's no need for a .DEF file at any point, since we're not dealing with
DLLs. The makefile in the mappings\D creates a .lib in the lib directory
(alongside the C lib recls_lib_dm834.lib). The makefile in the test\D
creates two .exes that each link to the two libs (the C lib, and the
generated D lib) in the lib directory. I've tried it on several machines
here to check it's not a green issue, and it all just works.

Can you download the nvx tool from my website
(http://synesis.com.au/r_systools.html) and run it in your command box as
"nvx -p -l", and post the output?

Also, can you copy the results from the make attempts and post the output?

Hopefully we can track this down.

Everyone else: could someone else try this out, just to make sure I've not
gone green?

Cheers

Matthew

"Paul Frazee" <Paul_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bmed3g$22ve$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

parent reply "Charles Sanders" <sanders-consulting comcast.net> writes:
I get the same error , specifically :

$ make
Making recls_test_1.exe
dmd -c -version=Windows -I..\..\mappings\D -debug -unittest
recls_test_1.d -ofre
cls_test_1.obj

link recls_test_1.obj -noi ..\..\mappings\D\recls.D.debug.lib
..\..\lib\recls_li
b_dm834.lib kernel32.lib user32.lib gdi32.lib advapi32.lib uuid.lib
Microsoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 6.00.8168
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1992-1998. All rights reserved.

LINK : warning LNK4044: unrecognized option "noi"; ignored
recls_test_1.obj : warning LNK4033: converting object format from OMF to
COFF
..\..\mappings\D\recls.D.debug.lib : fatal error LNK1136: invalid or corrupt
fil

--- errorlevel 1136

Also, on line 584 you have

    assert(null != m_hSrch);

i think should prolly be !== ( hehe, i see your point its easy to overlook )

Im at work now but Ill test it more when I get home

Charles

"Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> wrote in message
news:bmf4bv$31g9$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

next sibling parent reply "Charles Sanders" <sanders-consulting comcast.net> writes:
Doh!  Its calling Microsofts linker , using DMD's runs fine.

I run test1 and I get

Error: Assertion Failure recls_test_1.d(214)

I havent looked at the source not sure what there supposed to do but test2
yields

$ recls_test_2.exe
  c:\Unzipped\recls\test\D\makefile
    \Unzipped\recls\test\D\
  c:\Unzipped\recls\test\D\
                           makefile
                           makefile

    2889 bytes
    - File
Path is different from path components
        path:  c:\Unzipped\recls\test\D\makefile
        pathCheck: C:\Unzipped\recls\test\D\makefile

"Charles Sanders" <sanders-consulting comcast.net> wrote in message
news:bmf59q$189$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

 and

 -
--
 ---

Oct 13 2003
next sibling parent "Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> writes:
I think I know why that is. Doh!

I'll have a look into it. <blush>

"Charles Sanders" <sanders-consulting comcast.net> wrote in message
news:bmf5i4$1lk$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

 what
 apparatus" -- Dr Niles Crane

 -
--
 ---

Oct 13 2003
prev sibling next sibling parent "Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> writes:
I think I know why that is. Doh!

I'll have a look into it. <blush>

[...]

prev sibling parent "Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> writes:
There's nothing wrong with recls, it's the two test programs, that didn't
account for whether the drive character was upper or lower. I've fixed it,
and am reposting in a few mins.

[...]

Ah! I'm using the dm836 link.exe I guess the answers for people who are not using DM's link.exe to remove that flag? Have you got a working version you can post now?
 Also, on line 584 you have

     assert(null != m_hSrch);

 i think should prolly be !== ( hehe, i see your point its easy to

Yes indeed! Let me have a look to see whether that's valid.