D - implicit auto

reply "Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> writes:
Is there a reason why we cannot have the following two declarations mean the
same thing:

  auto Search search = new Search(rootDir, pattern, flags);

  Search search(rootDir, pattern, flags);

?
Oct 10 2003
parent "Sean L. Palmer" <palmer.sean verizon.net> writes:
I like the idea.  The first way looks overly wordy, like C#.  ;)

Sean

"Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> wrote in message
news:bm7l81$25v2$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Is there a reason why we cannot have the following two declarations mean

 same thing:

   auto Search search = new Search(rootDir, pattern, flags);

   Search search(rootDir, pattern, flags);

 ?

Oct 12 2003