D - Library for D

reply Sjoerd van Leent <Sjoerd_member pathlink.com> writes:
Dear D Developers,

I too think that D is a beautiful language. But the language is also very young.
This comes with advantages such as new techniques (GC, DBC, Threading) but also
with a lot of disadvantages.

Well those disadvantages must be eliminated, that's why I had a thought about
creating a Library such as "STL" for C++ or the "java package" for JAVA for the
D language.

I do not know about how the other D fans think about this, but I think that the
D language is stable enough to start implementing such a thing. Please let met
know how you think about this.

Kind regards,
Sjoerd van Leent
Sep 28 2003
next sibling parent "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> writes:
"Sjoerd van Leent" <Sjoerd_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bl7c80$q0$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

Yes, start implementing it! It also will be a great way to flush out any shortcomings in D.
Sep 28 2003
prev sibling next sibling parent Helmut Leitner <leitner hls.via.at> writes:
Sjoerd van Leent wrote:

 Dear D Developers,

 I too think that D is a beautiful language. But the language is also very
young.
 This comes with advantages such as new techniques (GC, DBC, Threading) but also
 with a lot of disadvantages.

 Well those disadvantages must be eliminated, that's why I had a thought about
 creating a Library such as "STL" for C++ or the "java package" for JAVA for the
 D language.

 I do not know about how the other D fans think about this, but I think that the
 D language is stable enough to start implementing such a thing. Please let met
 know how you think about this.
I'm also a D fan and I agree with you (need, stability). It would be great to have such a library. Currently there is enormous energy in the D community and I think things can develope quickly. If I can help you in any way, I'd be happy to do so. -- Helmut Leitner leitner hls.via.at Graz, Austria www.hls-software.com
Sep 29 2003
prev sibling parent "Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> writes:
I'll happily be a critic, and also lend a hand here and there.

--
Matthew Wilson

STLSoft moderator and C++ monomaniac       (http://www.stlsoft.org)
Contributing editor, C/C++ Users Journal
(www.synesis.com.au/articles.html#columns)

"But if less is more, think how much more more will be!" -- Dr Frazier Crane

---