D - D mentioned in informit weblog

reply "Kwan Ting" <me here.com> writes:
Just like to point out D being mentioned in informit C++ weblog. (Admitedly,
it's not the nicest of review one've seen)

http://www.informit.com/isapi/st~%7B24BBB2C8-C4F9-4474-B4C9-0F9DF4DEC0D8%7D/weblog/index.asp
(If it doesn't work, just go to informit, click C++ Weblogs on the rhs and
it should be near the top.)

Experts out there might like to reply to the entry...

    - Heinrich Heine
Sep 22 2003
parent reply "Pizaz" <me here.com> writes:
the guy who wrote that is a troll....

"Kwan Ting" <me here.com> wrote in message
news:bknre3$2t1u$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Just like to point out D being mentioned in informit C++ weblog.
(Admitedly,
 it's not the nicest of review one've seen)
http://www.informit.com/isapi/st~%7B24BBB2C8-C4F9-4474-B4C9-0F9DF4DEC0D8%7D/ weblog/index.asp
 (If it doesn't work, just go to informit, click C++ Weblogs on the rhs and
 it should be near the top.)

 Experts out there might like to reply to the entry...

     - Heinrich Heine
Sep 22 2003
parent reply "Jeandré du Toit" <morphiax hotmail.com> writes:
It is people like him that make me refuse to learn C++,  their arguments
make no sense. Why didn't they give the guys grief when they were busy
designing C or C++ what made those languages so special? This isn't the
first person that I have met that thinks C++ is the Alfa and Omega, people
like them make me sick and shouldn't be called
developers/programmers/coders.

Anyway, respect to all the C++ developers here, at least you guys have open
minds.

Jeandré

"Pizaz" <me here.com> wrote in message
news:bkoehf$1lc3$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 the guy who wrote that is a troll....

 "Kwan Ting" <me here.com> wrote in message
 news:bknre3$2t1u$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Just like to point out D being mentioned in informit C++ weblog.
(Admitedly,
 it's not the nicest of review one've seen)
http://www.informit.com/isapi/st~%7B24BBB2C8-C4F9-4474-B4C9-0F9DF4DEC0D8%7D/
 weblog/index.asp
 (If it doesn't work, just go to informit, click C++ Weblogs on the rhs
and
 it should be near the top.)

 Experts out there might like to reply to the entry...

     - Heinrich Heine
Nov 09 2003
parent reply "Matthew Wilson" <matthew-hat -stlsoft-dot.-org> writes:
Anyone who says that a single language can be the answer to everything is an
idiot, and should have any and all subsequent statements taken with an
enormous pile of salt.

Frankly, I don't know why people even want a single language. The most fun
(and the best experience) is to be had in the interaction between them.

"Jeandré du Toit" <morphiax hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:bombvr$vvr$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

I agree ;) Could you maybe tell this guy? I have been trying to give him
some grief <g> but now he claims that D claims to be the best language in
the world or something and I can't comment on that, since I am not sure if
anyone has made this claim or whether he is just sucking it out of his
thumb. Any help would be appreciated!

Jeandré

BTW. Do we have an advocacy group that could help in situations like this?

"Matthew Wilson" <matthew-hat -stlsoft-dot.-org> wrote in message
news:bomn2b$1hcu$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

Nov 13 2003
next sibling parent reply Ant <Ant_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <bp12j5$24kd$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Jeandré du Toit says...
I agree ;) Could you maybe tell this guy?
Why bother? I'm ashamed that that thread has more then 0 replys. The guy produces what we call in my old country "mental diarrhea". That guy doesn't know what he is telling, he has some ready made senteces on his brain that he outputs in random order within a subject. He contradicts himsell in the same post. I believe the expression "verbal diarrhea" exists in north america but I'm not sure if it aplys here. (not saying that it's releated) Ignorance is often mistaken for stupidity. True stupidity is reveled when side by side with knowleadge. It will be impossible to defende D every time it is miss represented, let's save our efforts for higher level conversations. I learned recently: "don't argue with an idiot: he will drag you to his level and beat you with experience" Ant
Nov 13 2003
parent "Matthew Wilson" <matthew-hat -stlsoft-dot.-org> writes:
"Ant" <Ant_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bp1lum$31df$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 In article <bp12j5$24kd$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Jeandré du Toit says...
I agree ;) Could you maybe tell this guy?
Why bother? I'm ashamed that that thread has more then 0 replys. The guy produces what we call in my old country "mental diarrhea". That guy doesn't know what he is telling, he has some ready made senteces on his brain that he outputs in random order within a
subject.
 He contradicts himsell in the same post.
 I believe the expression "verbal diarrhea" exists in north america
 but I'm not sure if it aplys here.

 (not saying that it's releated)
 Ignorance is often mistaken for stupidity.
 True stupidity is reveled when side by side with knowleadge.

 It will be impossible to defende D every time it is miss represented,
 let's save our efforts for higher level conversations.
Agreed. We don't need to bother. Those of us who are writing libraries will write great libraries. Those who are writing apps should write great apps. It will speak for itself. (Of course, the odd bit of media exposure doesn't go amiss, and I've been trying to do my bit here and there to include D along with other languages in various articles. Since I've promised Walter to prepare std.recls in the next couple of weeks, and the next (March) instalment of my CUJ column is due about the same time, I'm pretty sure I'll cover the D mapping in that instalment. There're also a couple more articles coming out early next year, but we can't talk about them just yet.)
 I learned recently:
 "don't argue with an idiot: he will drag you to his level and beat you
 with experience"
If you really want to engage him, write to him and ask him to direct you to the url of an open-source project which he feels is an exemplar for the level of skill that accords him the right to comment with such authority. However, I would advise you to just not worry about it, and spend your efforts on contributing something to D.
Nov 14 2003
prev sibling parent "Matthew Wilson" <matthew-hat -stlsoft-dot.-org> writes:
"Jeandré du Toit" <morphiax hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:bp12j5$24kd$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I agree ;) Could you maybe tell this guy? I have been trying to give him
 some grief <g> but now he claims that D claims to be the best language in
 the world or something and I can't comment on that, since I am not sure if
 anyone has made this claim or whether he is just sucking it out of his
 thumb. Any help would be appreciated!
Sorry mate. I can't be bothered arguing with people holding such opinions. I find it better to simply write better code and/or articles than them, and let that do the talking. It's clear to me that D is never going to replace C++, but equally clear that it is going to become a very important language, far more important than those in the C++ community who are currently expending lots of energy knocking it will be happy with. I can't see why they bother. Multiplicity is fun!