D - File : Stream

reply "Charles Sanders" <sanders-consulting comcast.net> writes:
When I run the following code:

import c.stdio;
import stream;

int main(char [] [] args) {
 File o = new File("non_existant",FileMode.Out);
 return 1;
}

I get :

Error: file 'non_existant' not found

It looks in the source like it should create it, this is windows 2000 dmd
.73.

parent reply J C Calvarese <jcc7 cox.net> writes:
Charles Sanders wrote:

 When I run the following code:

 import c.stdio;
 import stream;

 int main(char [] [] args) {
  File o = new File("non_existant",FileMode.Out);
  return 1;
 }

 I get :

 Error: file 'non_existant' not found

 It looks in the source like it should create it, this is windows 2000 dmd
 .73.

It seems like your code should work, but since it doesn't you might try this code which has worked for me in the past: File o = new File(); o.create("non_existant"); Justin
Sep 20 2003
parent reply "Charles Sanders" <sanders-consulting comcast.net> writes:
Ok this works , but this also touches on another subject.

Walter what do you want us to do when we find bugs in Phobos ?  Would you
prefer us to post a patch to the newsgroup, or is there some other way you
want this handled ?

"J C Calvarese" <jcc7 cox.net> wrote in message
news:bkj2tb$gf7$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Charles Sanders wrote:

 When I run the following code:

 import c.stdio;
 import stream;

 int main(char [] [] args) {
  File o = new File("non_existant",FileMode.Out);
  return 1;
 }

 I get :

 Error: file 'non_existant' not found

 It looks in the source like it should create it, this is windows 2000
dmd
 .73.

It seems like your code should work, but since it doesn't you might try this code which has worked for me in the past: File o = new File(); o.create("non_existant"); Justin
"Charles Sanders" <sanders-consulting comcast.net> wrote in message
news:bkkuee$132j$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Ok this works , but this also touches on another subject.

 Walter what do you want us to do when we find bugs in Phobos ?  Would you
 prefer us to post a patch to the newsgroup, or is there some other way you
 want this handled ?
Post them here with a "BUG" in the subject. It would be even better to look at the phobos code and submit a fix!
Sep 22 2003
parent "Charles Sanders" <sanders-consulting comcast.net> writes:
Ok Ill try to get a patch for it, however when I go to compile phobos, using
the command

digc *.d -lib=phobos

I get :

module math is in multiple packages math

Same with dmd *.d

I dont know if all these questions Im asking or stupid or not so Im just
going to keep asking them untill someone says something ;).

news:bknajj$10ug$1 digitaldaemon.com...