D - My salvation

reply jhenzie mac.com writes:
I know these laurels have been heaped before but I as someone who was ready to
walk away from the industry, D has given me a sense of excitment that I haven't
felt for a long time.

Congratulations to all involved and I look forward to making a more technical
contribution in the near future.

Justin
Sep 19 2003
next sibling parent "Charles Sanders" <sanders-consulting comcast.net> writes:
:) !

I share your excitement!

Charles

prev sibling next sibling parent "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> writes:
<jhenzie mac.com> wrote in message news:bkg371$utt$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I know these laurels have been heaped before but I as someone who was
ready to
 walk away from the industry, D has given me a sense of excitment that I
haven't
 felt for a long time.
Me too! I feel like I did back when I was working on the first native C++ compiler for the PC.
Sep 19 2003
prev sibling parent "Matthew Wilson" <matthew stlsoft.org> writes:
Hmm, let me guess. You're not a moderator for comp.lang.c++.moderated?

LOL!

To be serious, I'm not sure I can say that I view D as my salvation, since I
like to mix lots of languages, and I don't think any one language has even
approached the outer suburbs of Perfection. D is perhaps a bit closer than
some, but there's still a lot of kms to cover.

However, I am very much enjoying working on the registry library, and since
I'm a library kind of guy, the idea of writing substantial portions of
libraries that will eventually get used by many people - since I believe
that D *will* be very successful, despite the various naysayers throughout
the industry - is a most attractive prospect.