D - delegates vs. function pointers.

reply "Daniel Yokomiso" <daniel_yokomiso yahoo.com.br> writes:
Walter what's the current status of delegates and function pointers? AFAICT
they're still different beasts, are you planning on unifying them?

---
"Daniel Yokomiso" <daniel_yokomiso yahoo.com.br> wrote in message
news:bk0fu5$2p4k$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Walter what's the current status of delegates and function pointers?
AFAICT
 they're still different beasts, are you planning on unifying them?
Yes, I'm planning on unifying them. It's a chunk of work, though, because it will require runtime thunk generation and some mucking about with the gc.
Sep 13 2003
parent reply "Daniel Yokomiso" <daniel_yokomiso yahoo.com.br> writes:
"Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> escreveu na mensagem
news:bk10dc$dj3$2 digitaldaemon.com...
 "Daniel Yokomiso" <daniel_yokomiso yahoo.com.br> wrote in message
 news:bk0fu5$2p4k$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Walter what's the current status of delegates and function pointers?
AFAICT
 they're still different beasts, are you planning on unifying them?
Yes, I'm planning on unifying them. It's a chunk of work, though, because
it
 will require runtime thunk generation and some mucking about with the gc.
"Daniel Yokomiso" <daniel_yokomiso yahoo.com.br> wrote in message
news:bk1rom$1ids$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> escreveu na mensagem
 news:bk10dc$dj3$2 digitaldaemon.com...
 "Daniel Yokomiso" <daniel_yokomiso yahoo.com.br> wrote in message
 news:bk0fu5$2p4k$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Walter what's the current status of delegates and function pointers?
AFAICT
 they're still different beasts, are you planning on unifying them?
Yes, I'm planning on unifying them. It's a chunk of work, though,
because
 it
 will require runtime thunk generation and some mucking about with the
gc.
 Have you a schedule for it?
There's no schedule for anything <g>. Right now I'm working on bug fixes, after that, I was going to look at improving templates.
Sep 14 2003