D - DIDE question

reply =?iso-8859-15?Q?=22Robert_M._M=FCnch=22?= <robert.muench robertmuench.de> writes:
Hi, I'm a bit out of sync: Does DIDE already support the new D compiler
version?

And on other question, I would like to specify the installation path of
the D compiler, DIG etc. At the moment DIDE requires this to be installed
in C:\ Any chance to make it more "friendly" in this point?

Thanks.

--
Robert M. Münch
Management & IT Freelancer
parent reply "Charles Sanders" <sanders-consulting comcast.net> writes:
No the current version doesnt support the new compiler, Ive made a ton of
changes but it seems like everytime I add something I think of 2 more things
that would make it better.  You should be able to change the path under Dide
Settings, but the new version will be much easier to manipulate (settings
wise).  Im hoping to get it out within the next two weeks.

Just for fun, some things added:

Abbreviations
Macros
Project export / import
Dide packages
Code browser
Double click a variable / function / member to see its code properties, jump
to its definition / parent class etc.
Alot of small bugs fixed ( still having problems when adding more than 15
files to a project, I think its an MFC bug but havent tracked it down )
Code Browser control panel lots of tag manipulation
User defined inserts
Multiple kill rings ( clip boards)
Ability to add keywords to highlight
More "Smart" editing capabilties ( matching { }, () etc )
Code completeion

And other stuff Ive forgotten.

I'd like to get it released before Benji's site goes live so library
creators ( if they want to ) can create a Dide package that will allow users
just to import a package that will add it to Tag files, and import path with
optional help files.  It will be basically like a slackware package , a
zipped file of /dmd/include/myDirectory/files.

Regards,
Charles

"Robert M. Münch" <robert.muench robertmuench.de> wrote in message
news:oprvawllikr6w2gz news.digitalmars.com...
 Hi, I'm a bit out of sync: Does DIDE already support the new D compiler
 version?

 And on other question, I would like to specify the installation path of
 the D compiler, DIG etc. At the moment DIDE requires this to be installed
 in C:\ Any chance to make it more "friendly" in this point?

 Thanks.

 --
 Robert M. Münch
 Management & IT Freelancer
 http://www.robertmuench.de
Sep 10 2003
next sibling parent =?iso-8859-15?Q?=22Robert_M._M=FCnch=22?= <robert.muench robertmuench.de> writes:
On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 17:00:32 -0700, Charles Sanders
 No the current version doesnt support the new compiler, Ive made a ton of
 changes but it seems like everytime I add something I think of 2 more
 things that would make it better.
Hi, you know: Release early, release often. Creative developers never find an end ;-))
 You should be able to change the path under Dide
 Settings, but the new version will be much easier to manipulate (settings
 wise).  Im hoping to get it out within the next two weeks.
Ok, thanks. Maybe you can release a minor version earlier.
 Abbreviations
 Macros
 Project export / import
 Dide packages
What's this?
 Code browser
Cool! :-))
 Double click a variable / function / member to see its code properties,
 jump to its definition / parent class etc.
:-))
 Alot of small bugs fixed ( still having problems when adding more than 15
 files to a project, I think its an MFC bug but havent tracked it down )
BTW: Do you have any plans to port DIDE to D some day? I mean, haveing a D IDE done with MFC is hurting my mind...
 Code Browser control panel lots of tag manipulation
 User defined inserts
 Multiple kill rings ( clip boards)
 Ability to add keywords to highlight
 More "Smart" editing capabilties ( matching { }, () etc )
 Code completeion
All cool stuff! Looking forward to get my hands on it. -- Robert M. Münch Management & IT Freelancer http://www.robertmuench.de
Sep 12 2003
prev sibling parent reply Antti =?iso-8859-1?Q?Syk=E4ri?= <jsykari gamma.hut.fi> writes:
In article <bjo6at$cjd$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Charles Sanders wrote:
 No the current version doesnt support the new compiler, Ive made a ton of
 changes but it seems like everytime I add something I think of 2 more things
 that would make it better.  You should be able to change the path under Dide
 Settings, but the new version will be much easier to manipulate (settings
 wise).  Im hoping to get it out within the next two weeks.
Some (minor) bugs I noticed in the latest version I could get in my hands: - DIDE installs DIG and DMD in the system partition (which in my case is H:) and setups the paths to point there. However when I try to compile, DMD complains that it cannot find files in C:. Consequently, DIDE should install DMD (and DIG) to C:\ until they are fixed - Paths are in Settings -> DIDE settings, not Settings -> Paths - You cannot change paths in the aforementioned settings screen by typing in the new path and clicking on Ok (You have to use "Browse" so that the paths are left in effect) - when I start it I get a tip "Tips file does not exist in the prescribed directory" Feature suggestions: - Tooltips to icons showing on the main screen (I've no idea what they are) - File -> Open -> open Project.dideprj could open the project as a project, not a text file I tried to post about these earlier but something went bonkers with my newsreader and it appears not to have arrived in the newsgroup... DIDE looks very pretty and considering the feature list below, also very cool. -Antti

[...]

Sep 14 2003
parent "Charles Sanders" <sanders-consulting comcast.net> writes:
 - DIDE installs DIG and DMD in the system partition (which in my case is
H:)
   and setups the paths to point there. However when I try to compile, DMD
   complains that it cannot find files in C:.
Weird it should look in H:, what does the installPath say (in HKLM/DIDE/) ?
Yea these have been fixed. Ill check on the compiling, new (Incomplete) release in a few days. Charles "Antti Sykäri" <jsykari gamma.hut.fi> wrote in message news:slrnbm8raa.tlh.jsykari pulu.hut.fi...
[...]

Sep 16 2003