D - Compiler default's parameters directly in source?

reply Felix <Felix_member pathlink.com> writes:
Hi,

Maybe it will be useful to allow some kind of compiler parameters to be passed
directly in the .d source files. I never met this but some informations as

Bye
Aug 21 2003
parent reply "Sean L. Palmer" <palmer.sean verizon.net> writes:
I think I'd rather them be there than in some separate makefile or project
file, but it does impose some constraints on the language implementor.  They
have to be able to parse and handle directives they don't understand.

Sean

"Felix" <Felix_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bi48vt$2hp9$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Hi,

 Maybe it will be useful to allow some kind of compiler parameters to be
passed
 directly in the .d source files. I never met this but some informations as

 Bye
Aug 22 2003
parent "Mike Wynn" <mike.wynn l8night.co.uk> writes:
D already supports
#line <line_num> <file_name>
see the very bottom of
http://www.digitalmars.com/d/lex.html

as D is intended to have support as a backend lang I think this should be
extended to allow
several line/filename pairs I have worked with systems that preprocess C
before cpp get there to do it again, there are times when debugging that you
want to keep the macro expended version as well as the original to see what
things expanded to.

news:bi4isj$31k6$1 digitaldaemon.com...