D - Could you show me the equivalent in D?

reply Helium <Helium_member pathlink.com> writes:
#include <vector>
#include <algorithm>
#include <iterator>
#include <iostream>
#include <functional>

int main ()
{
vector<int> v;

copy(istream_iterator<int>(cin), istream_iterator<int>(), back_inserter());

sort(v.begin(), v.end(), greater<int>());

copy(v.begin(), v.end(), ostream_iterator<int>(Cout, " "));

return 0;  // to make MSVC happy
}

I haven't tested it, so the might be some typos. This Program reads numer from
the user until he presses End of file (^Z in windows). Than this numbers are
sorted in a descanding order. Than the program shows this umbers seprerated by a
white space.
Aug 10 2003
parent "Mike Wynn" <mike.wynn l8night.co.uk> writes:
import stream;
import c.stdio;

int main( char[][] args ) {
    int [] ilist;
    try {
        int i;
        while ( true ) {
            stdin.read( i ); // I think this throws an exception at eof ...
you'll have to check this.
            ilist ~= i;   // append i to array;
        }
    }catch ( Exception ignore ) {
    }
    ilist.sort;  // sort the array (not sure if there is a way to set the
sort algo)
   for ( int idx = 0; idx < ilist.length; idx ++ ) {
         printf( "%d ", ilist[i] );
     }
    return 0;
}

or look about at the templated foreach classes and how to use nested
functions and you get something like
template MyAlgoTemplateClass( T :T[] ){
    // I believe these have to be delegates to allow the inner functions to
work.
    alias bit delegate( out T ) getFptr;
    alias void delegate(T) putFptr;
    void fill( T[] list, getFptr ) { T v;  while ( getFptr( v ) ) { list ~=
v; }   }
    void foreach( T[] list, putFptr ) { for( int i = 0; i < list.length; i
++ ) { putFptr( list[i] ); }  }
}
int main( char[][] args ) {
    int [] ilist;
    Stream input = stdin;
    // WARNING this function is only valid within this scope of this method
as it pulls input from the
    // the parent stack frame rather than creating a closure by shallow
copying the stack frames it needs
    // so only allowable to pass it to a function that uses it and never
stores is, (as we're in main its not
    // a problem; but the callee can not return a fp to a inner function for
the caller to use.
    // and any methods/function that is potentially passed an inner function
pointer
    // you could just use stdin direct but I wanted to show that inner
functions can see the parent stack frame.
    bit get_next( out int i ) {
        try { input.read(i); } catch (Exception e ) { return false }
        return true;
    }
    void put_next( int i ) { printf("%d ", i ); }
    instance MyAlgoTemplateClass( int[] ) algo;
    try {
        alogo.fill( ilist, get_next );
    }catch ( Exception ignore ) {
    }
    ilist.sort;
   alogo.foreach( ilist, put_next );
    return 0;
}

this is untested code, but I'm sure you get the idea.
Stream.read( out int ) reads 4 bytes (int )
you may want to change the code to read a string and do atoi instead.
not sure if there is a scanf( "%d", &i ); anywhere .... happy hunting.

"Helium" <Helium_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bh56u2$183c$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 #include <vector>
 #include <algorithm>
 #include <iterator>