D - D Syntax Highlighting for KDE Kate

reply Simon J Mackenzie <project.d smackoz.fastmail.fm> writes:
Hi Guys,

D syntax hightlghting is to be incorporated with KDE as part of the Kate
editor in the future.

Here's the reply from the KDE Dev Team...

On Monday 04 August 2003 14:15, Simon J Mackenzie wrote:

 What is the correct procedure to have my d.xml syntax highlighting
 script added to the next release of KATE?

 Thank you in advance

 Simon J Mackenzie

 D is by http://www.digitalmars.com/
if there would be no problems for you to redistribute that xml file under the LGPL there would be no problems to include it into kate Christoph Cullmann KDE Developer, kde.org Maintainance Team http://www.babylon2k.de, cullmann kde.org
In my case I replied, "no problems." One small step... Simon
Aug 07 2003
next sibling parent reply "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> writes:
"Simon J Mackenzie" <project.d smackoz.fastmail.fm> wrote in message
news:bgth0g$5ef$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 D syntax hightlghting is to be incorporated with KDE as part of the Kate
 editor in the future.
Woo-hoo! Thanks!
Aug 07 2003
parent Simon J Mackenzie <project.d smackoz.fastmail.fm> writes:
You're welcome Walter,

Simon

Walter wrote:
 "Simon J Mackenzie" <project.d smackoz.fastmail.fm> wrote in message
 news:bgth0g$5ef$1 digitaldaemon.com...

D syntax hightlghting is to be incorporated with KDE as part of the Kate
editor in the future.
Woo-hoo! Thanks!
Aug 08 2003
prev sibling parent reply "Ben Hinkle" <bhinkle4 juno.com> writes:
Cool. I'm still (very slowly) working on an emacs mode for D. I doubt it
would become part of the standard emacs distribution any time soon but as an
emacs junkie I wouldn't be able to code in D without one. Is your xml file
available somewhere?

thanks,
-Ben

"Simon J Mackenzie" <project.d smackoz.fastmail.fm> wrote in message
news:bgth0g$5ef$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Hi Guys,

 D syntax hightlghting is to be incorporated with KDE as part of the Kate
 editor in the future.

 Here's the reply from the KDE Dev Team...

  >>if there would be no problems for you to redistribute that xml file
  >>under the
  >>LGPL there would be no problems to include it into kate
  >>
  >>Christoph Cullmann
  >>KDE Developer, kde.org Maintainance Team
  >>http://www.babylon2k.de, cullmann kde.org

 In my case I replied, "no problems."

 One small step...

 Simon
Aug 08 2003
next sibling parent "Walter" <walter digitalmars.com> writes:
"Ben Hinkle" <bhinkle4 juno.com> wrote in message
news:bh1o50$11ma$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Cool. I'm still (very slowly) working on an emacs mode for D. I doubt it
 would become part of the standard emacs distribution any time soon but as
an
 emacs junkie I wouldn't be able to code in D without one. Is your xml file
 available somewhere?
Even if it won't be part of the standard distribution, we can make it easilly available from here. From here, we'll be in a much better position to convince the emacs PTB that it should be part of the standard distribution.
Aug 09 2003
prev sibling next sibling parent "Charles Sanders" <sanders-consulting comcast.net> writes:
I would love a D mode for emacs, cant wait to see it.

Charles

"Ben Hinkle" <bhinkle4 juno.com> wrote in message
news:bh1o50$11ma$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Cool. I'm still (very slowly) working on an emacs mode for D. I doubt it
 would become part of the standard emacs distribution any time soon but as
an
 emacs junkie I wouldn't be able to code in D without one. Is your xml file
 available somewhere?

 thanks,
 -Ben

 "Simon J Mackenzie" <project.d smackoz.fastmail.fm> wrote in message
 news:bgth0g$5ef$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Hi Guys,

 D syntax hightlghting is to be incorporated with KDE as part of the Kate
 editor in the future.

 Here's the reply from the KDE Dev Team...

  >>if there would be no problems for you to redistribute that xml file
  >>under the
  >>LGPL there would be no problems to include it into kate
  >>
  >>Christoph Cullmann
  >>KDE Developer, kde.org Maintainance Team
  >>http://www.babylon2k.de, cullmann kde.org

 In my case I replied, "no problems."

 One small step...

 Simon
Aug 10 2003
prev sibling next sibling parent Simon J Mackenzie <project.d smackoz.fastmail.fm> writes:
Hi Ben,

Ben Hinkle wrote:
 Cool. I'm still (very slowly) working on an emacs mode for D. I doubt it
 would become part of the standard emacs distribution any time soon but as an
 emacs junkie I wouldn't be able to code in D without one. Is your xml file
 available somewhere?

 thanks,
 -Ben

d.xml has been included in the cvs for kde. If you want the current version of d.xml you can download it here... http://users.tpg.com.au/smackoz/projects/d/d.tar.bz2 Cheers Simon J Mackenzie
Aug 11 2003
prev sibling parent reply Simon J Mackenzie <project.d smackoz.fastmail.fm> writes:
Hi Ben

I should mention, you will need to place the d.xml file into
$HOME/.kde/share/apps/katepart/syntax for Kate to work properly with d
source code files.

If you discover any syntax highlighting errors or omissions let me know
so I fix them asap.  Thank you.

Have fun!

Simon
Aug 11 2003
parent Helmut Leitner <helmut.leitner chello.at> writes:
Updated, should be refactored:
  <http://www.prowiki.org/wiki4d/wiki.cgi?EditorSupport>

--
Helmut Leitner    leitner hls.via.at