D - 2nd Chance - D_Error.GIF

reply Maybe_D <Maybe_D_member pathlink.com> writes:
Hi,

after trying D several months ago I was enthusiastic about the idea behind it
but reality caught up quickly: Compile/Link crashed after using an array of
approx. 10MB in size. So I went mad with D and tried to forget it.

But after recently noticing some D-release-activity, I am wondering if I should
give it another try and I would be grateful for any advice related to the
following questions/comments:

1) Is the issue mentioned above fixed?

2) Can I expect to get some more 'surprises' at this stage on trivial things
like arrays being too large?

3) Is there something like a roadmap to a D V1.0 or is it too early to tell if
this will ever happen?

Thanks.
Jul 22 2003
Was it a statically allocated array? I know that Optlink has a problem with
multi-megabyte static arrays. The solution is to dynamically allocate them.

"Maybe_D" <Maybe_D_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:bfkds3$2mm6$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Hi,

 after trying D several months ago I was enthusiastic about the idea behind

 but reality caught up quickly: Compile/Link crashed after using an array

 approx. 10MB in size. So I went mad with D and tried to forget it.

 But after recently noticing some D-release-activity, I am wondering if I

 give it another try and I would be grateful for any advice related to the
 following questions/comments:

 1) Is the issue mentioned above fixed?

 2) Can I expect to get some more 'surprises' at this stage on trivial

 like arrays being too large?

 3) Is there something like a roadmap to a D V1.0 or is it too early to

 this will ever happen?

 Thanks.

Jul 22 2003
parent "Maybe_D" <nospam aol.com> writes:
Yes, it was a static array and, thanks, I'll follow your advice.

news:bflbg3$ggh$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

Jul 23 2003