D - DIDE, IDE for D

reply "Charles Sanders" <sanders-consulting comcast.net> writes:
Hey all!

I tried to use Denv but had some problems with it hanging, so I started an
IDE a couple of weeks ago and its coming along!

Screen shots at

http://wxcode.sourceforge.net/dide1.gif
http://wxcode.sourceforge.net/dide2.gif
http://wxcode.sourceforge.net/dide3.gif

I should have a pretty functional version in a week or so.  I saw something
about not redistrubuting D with anything , after seeing the IDE if its good
enough you might want to distrubute with it ?  What about DIG, the socket
library and template library do you guys mind if I bundle it with those
libraries ?

Also couldn't find a D mode for emacs so i ghetto rigged one, the syntax is
so similar that you almost dont need one maybe a derived mode.  Anyone drop
this in ~/.emacs for some simple highlighting, and excpect the IDE soon!

(font-lock-add-keywords 'c++-mode
  '(
    ("module" . font-lock-keyword-face)
    ("import" . font-lock-keyword-face)
    ("delegate" . font-lock-keyword-face)
    ("super" . font-lock-keyword-face)

    ("ushort" . font-lock-type-face)
    ("uchar" . font-lock-type-face)
    ("uint" . font-lock-type-face)
    ("ushort" . font-lock-type-face)
    ("ulong" . font-lock-type-face)
    ("bit" . font-lock-type-face)
    ("byte" . font-lock-type-face)

    ("final" . font-lock-keyword-face)
    ("synchronized" . font-lock-keyword-face)
    ("deprecated" . font-lock-keyword-face)
    ("alias" . font-lock-keyword-face)
    ("instance" . font-lock-keyword-face)
    ("interface" . font-lock-keyword-face)

    ("Windows" . font-lock-constant-face)
    ("C" . font-lock-constant-face)
    ("D" . font-lock-constant-face)

    ("cast" . font-lock-function-name-face )
    )
  )
(setq auto-mode-alist (cons '("\\.d\\'" . c++-mode) auto-mode-alist))
Jul 10 2003
next sibling parent Andy Friesen <andy ikagames.com> writes:
You (or me, or anyone else with the inclination) should see if you can
rig up Walter's compiler frontend to the editor, for uber-accurate
classview/autocomplete.  Such an editor would also be able to do things
like underline syntax errors, or do high level code transforms.  Like,
say, telling the editor to encapsulate a class member, and change all
references to that member to calls to the newly created accessors.

  -- andy

Charles Sanders wrote:
[...]

prev sibling next sibling parent "anderson" <anderson badmama.com.au> writes:
My .02c,

There are a few DO IDE's underdevelopment I think.  I'd be nice if it could
do UML views and be-able to create/run class instances/methods vir the IDE
like www.bluej.org does.  But I guess you'll need to get the basics going
first.

"Charles Sanders" <sanders-consulting comcast.net> wrote in message
news:bej0l8$1640$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

prev sibling parent "Sean L. Palmer" <palmer.sean verizon.net> writes:
That is pretty sweet bro!

I can't wait to try it out.

Sean

"Charles Sanders" <sanders-consulting comcast.net> wrote in message
news:bej0l8$1640$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Hey all!

 I tried to use Denv but had some problems with it hanging, so I started an
 IDE a couple of weeks ago and its coming along!

 Screen shots at

 http://wxcode.sourceforge.net/dide1.gif
 http://wxcode.sourceforge.net/dide2.gif
 http://wxcode.sourceforge.net/dide3.gif

 I should have a pretty functional version in a week or so.  I saw
something
 about not redistrubuting D with anything , after seeing the IDE if its
good
 enough you might want to distrubute with it ?  What about DIG, the socket
 library and template library do you guys mind if I bundle it with those
 libraries ?
Jul 11 2003