D - A shell for the DMD&DMC Compiler - Distributable GeneralCompilerShell251.zip

reply Felix <Felix_member pathlink.com> writes:
Hi guys,

This archive contains a Windows shell for the DMD, DMC, BCC compilers. It is
also extensible for all kind of compilers. The configuration file syntax is very
strict, but it works. A kind of Kriate's shell, byt even more advanced.

Alternatively:
http://membres.lycos.fr/cleptoman/software/Distributable%20GeneralCompilerShell251.zip
http://membres.lycos.fr/cleptoman/software/

Have fun!
Jul 04 2003
parent reply "Sean L. Palmer" <palmer.sean verizon.net> writes:
So what does this do for us?

Sean

"Felix" <Felix_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:be4sac$7pq$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Hi guys,

 This archive contains a Windows shell for the DMD, DMC, BCC compilers. It

 also extensible for all kind of compilers. The configuration file syntax

 strict, but it works. A kind of Kriate's shell, byt even more advanced.

 Alternatively:

 http://membres.lycos.fr/cleptoman/software/

 Have fun!

Jul 05 2003
parent reply "Sean L. Palmer" <palmer.sean verizon.net> writes:
Ok, due to unnecessary flamage, I decided to look this up on my own:

http://www.kriate.com/software/bccrun.htm is a link to the shell that was
the inspiration for this one, which has some explanations and screenshots.

So now I have a pretty good idea what this shell is supposed to do.  It's
kinda like the compiler interface part of a full IDE... it gathers up stuff
in listboxes and passes it to the command line for you.

It's like a mini project manager.  Probably good stuff.  Myself, I just use
Visual Studio for this purpose.  But it might be handy.

Thank you, Felix, for making this nice tool!

Sean

"Sean L. Palmer" <palmer.sean verizon.net> wrote in message
news:be74kn$2atl$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 So what does this do for us?

 Sean

 "Felix" <Felix_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
 news:be4sac$7pq$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Hi guys,

 This archive contains a Windows shell for the DMD, DMC, BCC compilers.

 is
 also extensible for all kind of compilers. The configuration file syntax

 strict, but it works. A kind of Kriate's shell, byt even more advanced.

 Alternatively:

 http://membres.lycos.fr/cleptoman/software/

 Have fun!

Jul 06 2003
next sibling parent Felix <Felix_member pathlink.com> writes:
Thank you, especially for completing my lack of explanations. My English...
I conceived it for two reasons:
- to be freeware (VS is a little too expensive for me)
- 'cause all the ditors (Crimson, SynEdit, SourceEdid etc...) are less
compiler-oriented but more editor-oriented (is a little diificult to compile
whole projects)
- ok, and the third, to learn... is a pretty good reason

Thanks very much for yor attention.

In article <be9m2i$1e4o$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Sean L. Palmer says...
[...]

Jul 07 2003