D - variable argument list

reply "Vathix" <Vathix kernel.net> writes:
I was thinking, it would be nice to have a type-checked variable argument
list. Something like

printd(char[] format, D ...)

Maybe the D there isn't a great way to put it but it could cause the
compiler to check the format against all the parameters in ... like it would
make sure the first %d was an int, etc. Or perhaps the format string would
have a different type or something that implied the type-checked variable
arguments.

I also think D should have its own standard input/output module. I'd be
willing to code it even.
Apr 27 2003
parent reply "Vathix" <Vathix kernel.net> writes:
 I also think D should have its own standard input/output module. I'd be
 willing to code it even.
It could be like a stream.File using a HANDLE from GetStdHandle without the seekable. Like, a couple objects stream.input and stream.output (maybe a stream.error too) could be available.
"Vathix" <Vathix kernel.net> wrote in message
news:b8gsti$135o$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I also think D should have its own standard input/output module. I'd be
 willing to code it even.
It could be like a stream.File using a HANDLE from GetStdHandle without
the
 seekable. Like, a couple objects stream.input and stream.output (maybe a
 stream.error too) could be available.
stream is a good start - why not see what you can do with it?
May 09 2003