D - dmd library question

reply Jonathan Andrew <Jonathan_member pathlink.com> writes:
Walter,
I'm trying to compile a test program using Pavel's GL and SDL libraries,
everything looks OK, except for a glu32.lib file, which the linker informs me is
not actually a valid library file. I figure maybe it is in COFF format, so I
tried using Borland's coff2omf utility to convert it, but no dice. Does
Borland's OMF format differ from dmd's? If not, does anybody have any ideas? I
tried converting the library to the older coff format first as suggested by
http://cmeerw.org/prog/dm/ms_sdk.html, but that didn't help either. It may just
be that the file is corrupt as well.

Thanks for any help you can give me,
-Jon
Mar 05 2003
next sibling parent Jonathan Andrew <Jonathan_member pathlink.com> writes:
On a related note, I see now that Burton might have ran into the same problem
when working on dig, so maybe I will just take advantage of all his hard work
(which I am grateful for) and use diggl instead of the glu libs =).

-Jon

In article <b46ora$2rb8$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Jonathan Andrew says...
Walter,
I'm trying to compile a test program using Pavel's GL and SDL libraries,
everything looks OK, except for a glu32.lib file, which the linker informs me is
not actually a valid library file. I figure maybe it is in COFF format, so I
tried using Borland's coff2omf utility to convert it, but no dice. Does
Borland's OMF format differ from dmd's? If not, does anybody have any ideas? I
tried converting the library to the older coff format first as suggested by
http://cmeerw.org/prog/dm/ms_sdk.html, but that didn't help either. It may just
be that the file is corrupt as well.

Thanks for any help you can give me,
-Jon

Mar 05 2003
"Jonathan Andrew" <Jonathan_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:b46ora$2rb8$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Walter,
 I'm trying to compile a test program using Pavel's GL and SDL libraries,
 everything looks OK, except for a glu32.lib file, which the linker informs

 not actually a valid library file. I figure maybe it is in COFF format, so

 tried using Borland's coff2omf utility to convert it, but no dice. Does
 Borland's OMF format differ from dmd's? If not, does anybody have any

 tried converting the library to the older coff format first as suggested

 http://cmeerw.org/prog/dm/ms_sdk.html, but that didn't help either. It may

 be that the file is corrupt as well.

 Thanks for any help you can give me,
 -Jon

Try using the Digital Mars coff2omf on it.
Mar 06 2003