D - C Minus Minus

reply Mark Evans <Mark_member pathlink.com> writes:
http://www.cminusminus.org/
Feb 04 2003
next sibling parent reply "Mike Wynn" <mike.wynn l8night.co.uk> writes:
"Mark Evans" <Mark_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:b1pnie$26qo$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 http://www.cminusminus.org/
seeing the use (yet again of C<sym>[<sym>]) anyone remember Dr Dobbs in the early 90's mentioning a language C+ ? the only thing online I can find is a reference to that, but no info on the lang (any links any one ?)
Feb 04 2003
parent reply Ilya Minkov <midiclub 8ung.at> writes:
C-- is not a programming language, but a language designed to be output
by HLL compilers and then... compiled. Something between C and
assembler. Failure.

What you probably mean is this:
http://home.earthlink.net/~descubes/C--
It is supposed to be a joke based upon negative experience with C/ C++/
Forth/ other langs. Note that it has nothing to do with a "real" C--.

Mike Wynn wrote:
 "Mark Evans" <Mark_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
 news:b1pnie$26qo$1 digitaldaemon.com...

http://www.cminusminus.org/
seeing the use (yet again of C<sym>[<sym>]) anyone remember Dr Dobbs in the early 90's mentioning a language C+ ? the only thing online I can find is a reference to that, but no info on the lang (any links any one ?)
Feb 05 2003
parent "Mike Wynn" <mike.wynn l8night.co.uk> writes:
I've seen C-- b4, when looking at Imp and some things like VM's and
bytecode/generic Asm/ IL systems for some insperation for one of my own
ideas.

the C<sym><sym> just reminded me of yet another use of the simlar idiogram,
c+  which was going to be the new c++ in the 90's and wondered if anyone has

 C+  was a real lang http://www.ddj.com/articles/1993/9310/

 quite enjoyed http://wombat.doc.ic.ac.uk/foldoc/foldoc.cgi?C%2b-

on my search for C+

I personally think Imp looks a better impl lang than C-- but only skimmed
them.

news:b1r9ai$4f9$1 digitaldaemon.com...

 Mike Wynn wrote:
 "Mark Evans" <Mark_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
 news:b1pnie$26qo$1 digitaldaemon.com...

http://www.cminusminus.org/
seeing the use (yet again of C<sym>[<sym>]) anyone remember Dr Dobbs in the early 90's mentioning a language C+ ? the only thing online I can find is a reference to that, but no info on
the
 lang (any links any one ?)
Feb 05 2003
prev sibling parent Ilya Minkov <midiclub 8ung.at> writes:
Forget it, it doesn't work well!
It's simply no use.
I know it well already and have thought about using it. No. Not till
they make a GCC or .NET plug or something nearly as useful.
Besides, it's inherently a slow compilation process, outputting c--
istead of a "real" IL.

-i.

Mark Evans wrote:
 http://www.cminusminus.org/