D - Jump start to D

reply Harry <Harry_member pathlink.com> writes:
As mentioned in an earlier thread I'm very new to C/C++ ( as mike said RAD man)
I went threw the book -- on somebody's advise.
(its probably one of the best
books and probably the fastest way to learn C++ ) I wanted to recreate side by
side
the same thing in " D "  for myself to learn and maybe for whoever wants to
learn D .
But what I saw monitoring this news group for a while, I saw that a
lot of difficulties arise from trying to interpret C / C++ to D.
Therefore I
decided instead interpreting as mentioned above, I will try just to present the
problem what needs to be solved and with your help, try to solve it by writing
the proper code ( not interpreted ) // with brief comments
I ' m   s u r e  t h a t   m a n y   w o u l d   b e n e f i t   from this.
I will try to elaborate as far as my knowledge  goes .
A message to
Walter , if you feel some code has a better way or is interpreted please comment
.
It is very appreciated every body's input Thanks in advanced..
Problem number 1;   We would like our program should write , Hello world , this
is my first D program !.
I think translating the book examples is actually a great idea.

"Harry" <Harry_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:b125eb$1dte$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]
Jan 26 2003
parent reply Harry <Harry_member pathlink.com> writes:
In article <b128mk$1ffq$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
I think
translating the book examples is actually a great idea. For the begining easy ones is not a problem , for the more advanced I'd need help
"Harry"
<Harry_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:b125eb$1dte$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 As mentioned in an earlier
thread I'm very new to C/C++ ( as mike said RAD
man)
 I went threw the book
-- on somebody's advise.
 (its probably one of the best
 books and probably
the fastest way to learn C++ ) I wanted to recreate
side by
 side
 the same
thing in " D " for myself to learn and maybe for whoever wants
 learn D
Jan 26 2003
next sibling parent "Christopher J. Sequeira" <csequeir __mit.edu> writes:
This is something I'd like to help with if I can find the time.  Though
I haven't read "Accelerated C++" myself, I like the concept of writing
beginning tutorials or porting tutorials to D from another language.
The only book I have here at school with me is "Big Java", but I'm sure
I can grab a C or C++ book from a roommate and look through that.  A
Java comparison might be good, though; perhaps the GUI aspects could be
done using Dig or another D interface to the Windows API (any interfaces
to Linux GUI API's yet?).

Harry wrote:
 In article <b128mk$1ffq$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...

I think
translating the book examples is actually a great idea. For the begining easy ones is not a problem , for the more advanced I'd need help
"Harry"
-- Christopher J. Sequeira '05 csequeir __mit.edu (remove hyphens for email)
"Harry" <Harry_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:b129em$1fov$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 In article <b128mk$1ffq$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Walter says...
I think
translating the book examples is actually a great idea. For the begining easy ones is not a problem , for the more advanced I'd need help
That's what this newsgroup is for.
Jan 26 2003