D - D editor / Object question

reply Jonathan Andrew <Jonathan_member pathlink.com> writes:
OK, two quick questions:

I know this has been discussed already, but at 10,300 messages and counting,
this group is getting hard to search! I know that some people created some
language definition files so D could be written in various editors, (with
pretty syntax highlighting.) could somebody please tell me where I could find
them? I would be happy using just about any editor. (save maybe vim) A link on
either digitalmars.com or opend.org would be a huge help.

My other question is, do objects in D automatically inherit from type Object
like java?

Thanks,
-Jon
Jan 22 2003
next sibling parent reply Ilya Minkov <midiclub 8ung.at> writes:
Jonathan Andrew wrote:
 OK, two quick questions:

 I know this has been discussed already, but at 10,300 messages and counting,
 this group is getting hard to search! I know that some people created some
 language definition files so D could be written in various editors, (with
 pretty syntax highlighting.) could somebody please tell me where I could find
 them? I would be happy using just about any editor. (save maybe vim) A link on
 either digitalmars.com or opend.org would be a huge help.

I made mine in CREdit within a few minutes, the manual contains the list of kewords somewhere, and you also need to enter a couple of tiny things. It's easy you'll see. Time to fix up a full IDE, I guess.

 My other question is, do objects in D automatically inherit from type Object
 like java?

Yes (rtm!), and this "Object" can already do a number of kool things! Take a look at object.d of phobos source.

 Thanks,
 -Jon

BTW, D is very flexible. You can write it even in your mail editor: /+ /''::;.. / ':. / /-. \\ / // : |: / // .: // / // .: /' / /L.:' :' / _.'' /____::==='' ''''' +/ :>
Jan 22 2003
next sibling parent "Daniel Yokomiso" <daniel_yokomiso yahoo.com.br> writes:
"Ilya Minkov" <midiclub 8ung.at> escreveu na mensagem
news:b0mpvc$1h6h$1 digitaldaemon.com...

prev sibling parent Jonathan Andrew <Jonathan_member pathlink.com> writes:
I made mine in CREdit within a few minutes, the manual contains the list
of kewords somewhere, and you also need to enter a couple of tiny
things. It's easy you'll see.

Time to fix up a full IDE, I guess.

Argghh... me doing work wasn't supposed to be the answer! =) In any case, I whipped up (well, modified) a D keyword file for the Scintilla/SciTE editor, its a pretty nice editor if you guys haven't checked it out (http://www.scintilla.org/SciTE.html). The keyword file is attached if anybody wants it. You might want to edit the global properties of SciTE also so the language support is available from the menu. -Jon

 My other question is, do objects in D automatically inherit from type Object
 like java?

Yes (rtm!), and this "Object" can already do a number of kool things! Take a look at object.d of phobos source.

 Thanks,
 -Jon

BTW, D is very flexible. You can write it even in your mail editor: /+ /''::;.. / ':. / /-. \\ / // : |: / // .: // / // .: /' / /L.:' :' / _.'' /____::==='' ''''' +/ :>

Jan 24 2003
prev sibling parent Jason Mills <jmills cs.mun.ca> writes:
Jonathan Andrew wrote:
 OK, two quick questions:

 I know this has been discussed already, but at 10,300 messages and counting,
 this group is getting hard to search! I know that some people created some
 language definition files so D could be written in various editors, (with
 pretty syntax highlighting.) could somebody please tell me where I could find
 them? I would be happy using just about any editor. (save maybe vim) A link on
 either digitalmars.com or opend.org would be a huge help.

Although you are not interested in vim, there is a vim syntax file at www.vim.org (in case you like to take an interest :-) Jason
Jan 23 2003