Objective: A position in software development where past experience can be applied and enhanced in a
highly motivated, professional team environment.
Education: University of New Hampshire Durham, NH
BS Computer Science - 1991
Skills: Languages: C/C++, Java, 80x86 Assembly
Platforms: Windows NT, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows XP, DOS, Linux
Experience: Object Oriented Design, COM, MFC, Windows SDK, J2EE Development, Swing,
Commercial Applications Development, Enhancing Legacy C++ and Java Code
Development Tools: Visual C++, Visual Café, JBuilder, CVS, SourceSafe, and PVCS.
Experience: Symantec/Webgain Corporation Santa Clara, CA
September 1991 - July 2002
Senior/Principal Software Engineer (telecommuting from NH)
Key engineer on Java rewrite of Visual Cafe Java IDE for Win32 and Linux. Using Java, XML,
Swing, UML and various design patterns:
· Designed debugger GUI, and API to the rest of the environment.
· Diagnosed various JDK issues in Java and native code.
· Resolved issues in the project and build systems, source editor and process management.
Senior/Principal Software Engineer (Cupertino, CA)
Key engineer on Symantec Visual Cafe Suite of Java development tools for Win32. Using C/C++,
MFC, OLE/COM, and Java:
· Designed DLL plugin architecture for subsystems, using COM.
· Implemented the front end COM API and GUI for debugging of applets, applications,
EJB's and JSP's.
· Wrote a DLL to support embedded execution of Java controls and beans for WYSIWYG form
· Added support for spawning of third-party tools.
Software Engineer (Cupertino, CA)
Key engineer on Symantec C/C++ development environment for Win32 platforms. Using C/C++
· Added Win32 Structured Exception handling support to the RTL.
· Coded the necessary RTL routines to conform to the ANSI C/C++ and Visual C++ "standard".
· Ported MFC (source and samples) and Win32 SDK to Symantec C++.
· Enhanced Multi-threaded support in the RTL: added thread local support and fixed all
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer (Bedford, MA)
Lead quality assurance engineer on Symantec C/C++ IDE for DOS, Windows 3.x, Win32s,
Windows 95 and Windows NT platforms:
· Developed test cases for C/C++ compiler and RTL.
· Wrote scripts for installation and integration.
Technical Support Analyst (Bedford, MA)
· Supported C/C++ and Pascal users by writing sample code and diagnosing user problems.
(Continued): Intellitech Corporation Meredith, NH
December 1990 - August 1991
Using C, Assembly and Pascal:
· Implemented an application to convert a proprietary test data file format to a Lotus file format.
· Extended an existing terminal emulation program by adding Macro capabilities.
University of New Hampshire Durham, NH
September 1989 - May 1990
VAX Terminal Cluster Consultant
· Assisted users in the use of Unix on Descartes and VMS on Hilbert.
· Graded tests and programs for Fortran, Pascal and C programming courses.