c++.stlsoft
c++.windows
c++.windows.16-bits
c++.windows.32-bits
c++.wxwindows

digitalmars.empire
digitalmars.DMDScript

c++ - Compiler writing

↑ ↓ ← Paul <Paul_member pathlink.com> writes:
Can anyone point me to some good resources for writing compilers in C++? I've
looked on Google etc but can't find the sort of thing I'm after. I've sort of
blagged my way through turning expressions into trees and generating virtual
machine code and so on but could really do with some more input. Don't really
understand all the LR jargon and stuff and am perfectly happy scanning without
using all these clever lex sort of things. Any links very much appreciated.
Oct 03 2005
"Paul" <Paul_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:dhrfjn$25pj$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Can anyone point me to some good resources for writing compilers in C++?

 looked on Google etc but can't find the sort of thing I'm after. I've sort

 blagged my way through turning expressions into trees and generating

 machine code and so on but could really do with some more input. Don't

 understand all the LR jargon and stuff and am perfectly happy scanning

 using all these clever lex sort of things. Any links very much

You could download the D programming language package, which includes the complete front end of the D compiler written in C++. www.digitalmars.com/d/
Oct 03 2005