c++.stlsoft
c++.windows
c++.windows.16-bits
c++.windows.32-bits
c++.wxwindows

digitalmars.empire
digitalmars.DMDScript

c++ - writing c code in a c++ app

↑ ↓ ← david <david_member pathlink.com> writes:
Hello,

I am having difficulties in writing a c++ prog that uses C code to send an icmp
packet (icmpapi.h, ipexport.h (used by icmpapi.h)).  This is what my code looks
like so far:

-------------------------------------
#include <iostream>
#include <windows.h>

extern "C" {
#include <icmpapi.h>
}

int main(){
using namespace std;
HANDLE icmp;
icmp = IcmpCreateFile();

cout << "hello";
return 0;

It compiles but then i get an error that says:

hello.obj(hello)
Error 42: Symbol Undefined _IcmpCreateFile 0

--- errorlevel 1

Before i added the:
extern "C"

I would get the error:

hello.obj(hello)
Error 42: Symbol Undefined ?IcmpCreateFile  YGPAXXZ (void *stdcall
IcmpCreateFile (void ))

--- errorlevel 1

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.  Is there a way to send a custom icmp
packet using C++ libraries?  This might help some.  The code for sending the
exact packet I need to send is already written in C for me, so ideally I would
like to write a C++ prog that does some extra work but also sends the icmp
packet (exactly as written in the already existing C code that I have).

Thank you,

David S
Feb 10 2005
You've got to include the library in the link that contains
IcmpCreateFile ().

Jan

david wrote:
[...]

-- ManiaC++ Jan Knepper But as for me and my household, we shall use Mozilla... www.mozilla.org
Feb 10 2005
The file that contains IcmpCreateFile () is icmpapi.h and i've included that
file in my prog.  Is this what you mean by including the library in the link
that contains IcmpCreateFile ()?

In article <cugg6l$2tn3$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Jan Knepper says...

david wrote:
[...]

"david" <david_member pathlink.com> wrote in message
news:cugnfk$3ul$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 The file that contains IcmpCreateFile () is icmpapi.h and i've included

 file in my prog.  Is this what you mean by including the library in the

 that contains IcmpCreateFile ()?

No, icmpapi.h is likely just a list of declarations. In the library would be the code to implement it. It'll have a .lib extension. Look in the comments in your header file, maybe it says where the corresponding library file is. icmpapi.h is not one of the files that comes with DMC++, nor is its corresponding library file.
Feb 10 2005