c++.stlsoft
c++.windows
c++.windows.16-bits
c++.windows.32-bits
c++.wxwindows

digitalmars.empire
digitalmars.DMDScript

c++ - bios.h, inportb ...

↑ ↓ ← Ben Barker <Ben_member pathlink.com> writes:
I've been given some code to control a couple of stepper motors as part of my
4th year project. It's old code, and only runs on 98 and older due to its use of
bios.h.

I need to make some changes to it, but my attempts to rebuild using Digital Mars
give the following error during linking (compiling is fine):

Dualstep.obj(Dualstep)
Error 42: Symbol unidentified _outportb
Dualstep.obj(Dualstep)
Error 42: Symbol unidentified _inportb
Dualstep.obj(Dualstep)
Error 42: Symbol unidentified _delay

Any idea what this means? Unfortunately I don't know what compiler was
used to compile originally, so that may be the problem ...
Oct 28 2004
Hmmm.... seems the original code was compiled using
Turbo C 3.0
..

In article <clr6tt$2ln0$1 digitaldaemon.com>, Ben Barker says...
I've been given some code to control a couple of stepper motors as part of my
4th year project. It's old code, and only runs on 98 and older due to its use of
bios.h.

I need to make some changes to it, but my attempts to rebuild using Digital Mars
give the following error during linking (compiling is fine):

Dualstep.obj(Dualstep)
Error 42: Symbol unidentified _outportb
Dualstep.obj(Dualstep)
Error 42: Symbol unidentified _inportb
Dualstep.obj(Dualstep)
Error 42: Symbol unidentified _delay

Any idea what this means? Unfortunately I don't know what compiler was
used to compile originally, so that may be the problem ...

Oct 28 2004
You'll need to change the code to using _inp, _outp and sleep.

See www.digitalmars.com/rtk/dos2.html and www.digitalmars.com/rtl/time.html

news:clr6tt$2ln0$1 digitaldaemon.com...