c++.stlsoft
c++.windows
c++.windows.16-bits
c++.windows.32-bits
c++.wxwindows

digitalmars.empire
digitalmars.DMDScript

c++ - Internal error: ph 1114

↑ ↓ ← Scott Michel <scottm cs.ucla.edu> writes:
I'm going to appologize up front for posting frequently, but I'm still
crawling up the learning curve. (*)

I'm creating a precompiled header and I'm getting the following output:

Internal error: ph 1114
-- errorlevel 1

Clearly I've uncovered a compiler "feature" (**). The question is what's the
workaround [the obvious one being to not use precompiled headers] and how
soon can this feature get fixed?

-scooter

(*) I've resorted to XEmacs and smake instead of the IDDE.
(**) There are no bugs, only undiscovered features.
Jan 17 2004
"Scott Michel" <scottm cs.ucla.edu> wrote in message
news:bucs0g$173i$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I'm creating a precompiled header and I'm getting the following output:

 Internal error: ph 1114
 -- errorlevel 1

 Clearly I've uncovered a compiler "feature" (**). The question is what's

 workaround [the obvious one being to not use precompiled headers] and how
 soon can this feature get fixed?

I need to be able to reproduce it to fix it. See www.digitalmars.com/faq.html#error
Jan 17 2004
 "Scott Michel" <scottm cs.ucla.edu> wrote in message
 news:bucs0g$173i$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I'm creating a precompiled header and I'm getting the following output:

 Internal error: ph 1114
 -- errorlevel 1

 Clearly I've uncovered a compiler "feature" (**). The question is what's

 workaround [the obvious one being to not use precompiled headers] and how
 soon can this feature get fixed?

Pardon my presumptuousness. No gauruntees that it will get fixed...
 I need to be able to reproduce it to fix it. See
 www.digitalmars.com/faq.html#error

I've tried '-e -llisting.lst', but the output appears to get truncated (buffer not flushed when assert is triggered?) I'll test to see if the error is reproducable on just that fragment that gets output and send the fragment if it is reproducable. Otherwise, I'll have to spend time to narrow the problem down to its minimum, which might not be 10 lines or less. -scooter
Jan 17 2004
Walter wrote:
 "Scott Michel" <scottm cs.ucla.edu> wrote in message
 news:bucs0g$173i$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I'm creating a precompiled header and I'm getting the following output:

 Internal error: ph 1114
 -- errorlevel 1

 Clearly I've uncovered a compiler "feature" (**). The question is what's

 workaround [the obvious one being to not use precompiled headers] and how
 soon can this feature get fixed?

I need to be able to reproduce it to fix it. See www.digitalmars.com/faq.html#error

Much easier than I thought, it's a one line header file: --- brokenHeader.h --- #include <iostream> --- brokenHeader.h --- I'm compiling it as follows: sc -cpp -I\dm\stlport\stlport -HFbrokenHeader.sym brokenHeader.h Produces: Internal error: ph 1114 -- errorlevel 1
Jan 17 2004
Scott Michel <scottm cs.ucla.edu> writes:
I did some header file chasing and was able to narrow the internal error
down to the include <stl/_algobase.c>. I wasn't able to narrow the bug to
any specific line in _algobase.c.

-scooter

Scott Michel wrote:
 Walter wrote:
 "Scott Michel" <scottm cs.ucla.edu> wrote in message
 news:bucs0g$173i$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I'm creating a precompiled header and I'm getting the following output:

 Internal error: ph 1114
 -- errorlevel 1

 Clearly I've uncovered a compiler "feature" (**). The question is what's

 workaround [the obvious one being to not use precompiled headers] and
 how soon can this feature get fixed?

I need to be able to reproduce it to fix it. See www.digitalmars.com/faq.html#error

Much easier than I thought, it's a one line header file: --- brokenHeader.h --- #include <iostream> --- brokenHeader.h --- I'm compiling it as follows: sc -cpp -I\dm\stlport\stlport -HFbrokenHeader.sym brokenHeader.h Produces: Internal error: ph 1114 -- errorlevel 1

Jan 18 2004