c++.stlsoft
c++.windows
c++.windows.16-bits
c++.windows.32-bits
c++.wxwindows

digitalmars.empire
digitalmars.DMDScript

c++ - linked list ADT

↑ ↓ ← "Andrew Edwards" <edwardsac spamfreeusa.com> writes:
Gentlemen,
I'm quite confused about the proper implementation for the following
classes. I've provide an implementation as I understand it, however my
understand is paltry at best. The intent is to create a linked list
implementation of the list ADT. Please guide me in the right direction.

template < class T >
class node
{
  private:
    node ( const T& something, node* nextPtr );
    T info;
    node* next;

  friend class list<T>;
};

template < class T >
class list
{
  public:
    list ( int i = 0 );
    ~list ();

  private:
    ListNode<T>* beginning;  // Pointer to beginning of list
    ListNode<T>* location;   // Location pointer
};

// implementation
template < class T >
node<T>::node ( const T& something, node* nextPtr )
{
  info = something;
  next = nextPtr;
}

[...]