c++.stl.sgi
c++.stlsoft
c++.windows
c++.windows.16-bits
c++.windows.32-bits
c++.wxwindows

digitalmars.empire
digitalmars.DMDScript

c++ - Reseting the state of all global variables in a program

↑ ↓ ← "jim p" <x y.com> writes:
I want to re-initialise all global variables defined in a program.
Is there any method for doing this ??

Reasons are, I have some third party routines which I have adapted to be
called from my program.
However, when I call these routines for a second time, the results are
incorrect because the global variables are not initialised.
I don't want to tamper with the routines too much.
There's lots of global variables...

Any ideas ???
Apr 16 2003
"jim p" <x y.com> wrote in message news:b7k7ts$1sua$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 I want to re-initialise all global variables defined in a program.
 Is there any method for doing this ??

 Reasons are, I have some third party routines which I have adapted to be
 called from my program.
 However, when I call these routines for a second time, the results are
 incorrect because the global variables are not initialised.
 I don't want to tamper with the routines too much.
 There's lots of global variables...

 Any ideas ???

Put a variable at the beginning and the end of the global data segment. That'll give you two pointers bracketing it, upon which you can save/restore the contents. Watch out for the BSS segment. You'll need to verify it's right by checking the .map file. Note that doing these kind of kludges could get you fired from most companies <g>.
Apr 16 2003
Excuse my ignorance, but how do I save/restore the contents and what is the
BSS segment ??

news:b7kah0$29b0$1 digitaldaemon.com...