c++.stlsoft
c++.windows
c++.windows.16-bits
c++.windows.32-bits
c++.wxwindows

digitalmars.empire
digitalmars.DMDScript

c++ - Full Namespace Support Timeframe

↑ ↓ ← Mark Evans <Mark_member pathlink.com> writes:
Walter,

There are so many projects on which I would deploy DMC++ but can't because they
require pieces of Boost and other high-end C++ libraries.  There are so many
people to whom I recommend DMC++ who then come back at me with the same
complaint.

DMC++ already has pretty good namespace support.  Is it really a bear to get the
full-up namespaces in there?  What is the hardest part of that work?  Do you
have a guesstimate on a timeframe?

It seems like DMC++ has lots of C99 features that no one uses yet, while still
lacking the namespace support that everyone needs.  I love the C99 stuff too but
the namespace problem is killing me...

Mark
Oct 07 2002
Heinz Saathoff <hsaat bre.ipnet.de> writes:
Mark Evans schrieb...

 It seems like DMC++ has lots of C99 features that no one uses yet, while still
 lacking the namespace support that everyone needs.  I love the C99 stuff too
but
 the namespace problem is killing me...

One more: IMO it would make more sense to first concentrate on making DMC++ standard compliant than to spend time in a new D language. - Heinz
Oct 07 2002