c++.stlsoft
c++.windows
c++.windows.16-bits
c++.windows.32-bits
c++.wxwindows

digitalmars.empire
digitalmars.DMDScript

c++ - Internal error: init 1814

↑ ↓ ← "Matthew Wilson" <matthew thedjournal.com> writes:
Walter

Am compiling some moderately complex template stuff, and with v8.27 I get

    Internal error: init 1814

whereas with v8.28 I get

    Internal error: init 1815

Obviously if I want you to be able to fix it I'll have to boil down the code
(there's 900 lines of cpp, and about 2500 lines of header), but I would like
to know first whether the increment in internal error is a function of a
similar-sized (ie. by 1) increment in the compiler version number, or
whether it is likely to be an artefact of the later compiler getting a
little further before apoptosis?

Thanks

Matthew
Jun 13 2002
"Matthew Wilson" <matthew thedjournal.com> wrote in message
news:aec14p$22pt$1 digitaldaemon.com...
 Walter

 Am compiling some moderately complex template stuff, and with v8.27 I get

     Internal error: init 1814

 whereas with v8.28 I get

     Internal error: init 1815

 Obviously if I want you to be able to fix it I'll have to boil down the

 (there's 900 lines of cpp, and about 2500 lines of header), but I would

 to know first whether the increment in internal error is a function of a
 similar-sized (ie. by 1) increment in the compiler version number, or
 whether it is likely to be an artefact of the later compiler getting a
 little further before apoptosis?

The number is simply the line number in the source code that threw the assert. I would appreciate it if you could boil it down, in my experience about 97% of all such bugs can be reduced to 10 lines of code or less. That makes it much easier to fix. -Walter
Jun 14 2002
The line number thing is a little strange because it's exactly the same code
that's being compiled, just with different versions. Does one do 0-based and
the other do 1-based? Surely not?

Just checked, and the source file has 847 lines. Only two headers are > 1000
lines, and only one has anything like code on or around lines 1814/5. Very
odd.

I'll try and boil it down.

news:aeda2b$c9i$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

No, it's the line number in the compiler source.

"Matthew Wilson" <dmd synesis.com.au> wrote in message
news:aeelmm$1mek$1 digitaldaemon.com...
[...]

Jun 15 2002